Beaded Beauty Paisley Headband
This simple Queen Anne’s Lace Headband uses a method I discovered on the blog My Hobby Is Crochet. Kinga’s Thread Headband uses an elastic hair tie to make her headband stretchy.
My Queen Anne’s lace is just a little different than some of the other patterns I have found. I start my beginning motif with 16dc instead of 14. I also tend to do the chains differently. Instead of chain 4 or chain 3 I like to add beads or do picots. On this pattern I decided to add beads, on my other pattern Crowned Glory, I used picots.
There are 3 sizes available: baby, child and adult.
Add the Beaded Beauty Paisley Headband to your Ravelry que
All measured without stretch, will lengthen when stretched over head
Baby- approximately 13″
Child- approximately 14 ½”
Adult- approximately 16″
Cost of Materials:
Varies depending on materials but approximately $1-2
1 ½- 2 hours
Recommended Retail Price:
I would sell these for approximately $18-22
You can use any Queen Anne’s Lace pattern you prefer. I do mine just slightly different than the methods I have found. For a great video tutorial you can watch this AllFreeCrochet video filmed by Mary Kathryn of Crochet Chiq. Mary Kathryn makes lovely scarfs with this method.
Crochet Thread/lace weight – I used Bernat Handicrafter
2.75mm (C) hook
seed beads (42 for the headband part, as many as you want for the ties)(optional, see below for modifications)
elastic hair tie (I used the smaller children’s size from Goody)
needle for finishing
collapsible beading needle (optional)
mc/r– magic circle/ring (watch this video tutorial)
If you don’t have beads you can ch3 or ch4 in ever beaded space instead or you can picot in the beaded spaces. I used picots in my Crowned Glory headband
You can add or subtract as many motifs as you wish, just be sure to adjust the chains for band accordingly
1. Thread working end of thread with 42 (or more, see materials) beads. A collapsible beading needle makes this task much easier.
2. Magic Circle/ Ring (tutorial video here) with 16dc, do NOT join
3. Ch1 and turn. [1sc in each of the next 2sts. (Ch1. Pull up one bead and ch1 to secure. Ch1)] 5x. 1sc in each of the next 2sts. Ch3. 1sc in each of the last 2sts (last sc will be stitched into the the ch3 from turning chain). Do NOT join.
4. *Ch6 and turn work. Sl st into the 1st ch3 sp of last completed motif. Ch3 (counts as 1st dc) and turn work. 13dc more in ch6 sp. Sl st into the 1st available sc on the last completed motif. Ch1 and turn work. [1sc in each of the next 2sts. (Ch1. Pull up one bead and ch1 to secure. Ch1)] 4x. 1sc in each of the next 2sts. Ch3. 1sc in each of the last 2sts (last sc will be stitched into the the ch3 from turning chain). Sl st into the ch3 sp on the last completed motif.
5. Repeat from * 7 more times
6. Ch6 and turn work. Sl st into the 1st ch3 sp. Ch3 (counts as 1st dc) and turn work. 13dc more in ch6 sp. Sl st into the 1st available sc on the last completed motif. Ch1 and turn work. [1sc in each of the next 2sts. (Ch1. Pull up one bead and ch1 to secure. Ch1)] 5x. 1sc in each of the next 4sts.
1. Sl st into the edge of finished motif (I prefer to attach the center chain first, in the space between beads). Ch30 (40, 50), add beads wherever you like, attach to elastic with sl st and 4sc.
2. Ch 30 (40,50) and sl st to finished motif on either side of first chain. Fasten off and weave in ends
3. Sl st to the edge of the finished motif on the other side of beginning chain. Ch30 (40,50) and attach to elastic band with sl st and 4sc (working back towards the first set of 4sc. Sl st to the first set of 4sc and fasten off. Weave in ends.
4. Repeat for other side
5. Wrap yarn around center of elastic tie and weave in ends to secure
I hope you enjoyed my Beaded Beauty Paisley Headband, you may also enjoy the Crowned Glory Paisley Headband (pattern coming soon).
Like it? Love it? Share it!!
You’re continued support allows me to bring you more
free crochet patterns, tutorials and crochet business information.
Have fun and as always…
You may also like
Don’t miss other FREE Cre8tion Crochet Patterns