Stunning texture and visual appeal
This Swirling Leaves blanket is a a follow up to the Swirling Leaves Beanie, designed by Leah Feild of Creative Threads by Leah. Pattern written in ten sizes.
5 cl x 5 rows in pattern repeat = 4 inches
Worsted weight yarn (I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn)
Hook – J
Abbreviations and stitches required
sc: single crochet
fsc: foundation single crochet
slst: slip stitch
dc: double crochet
cl: cluster (4dctog)
tw sc: twisted single crochet
rsc: reverse single crochet
- The cluster (4dctog) is worked with 3 dc around the stem of the previous dc and one in the indicated stitch. This post from Moogly shows the method of wrapping the stitches around the stem of the stitch.
- Every couple rows, it is helpful to count your number of clusters to make sure that you aren’t dropping a cluster.
- The 4dctog is worked leaving the last loop of each dc on the hook and then pulling through all 5 loops on the hook to finish the stitch. Tutorial for stitch can be found here
- Instructions on twisted single crochet can be found here
- Instructions on reverse single crochet can be found here
Pattern is written for
For complete pattern and printer friendly pdf of this pattern click here –>
Print Friendly PDF – Swirling Leaves Blanket
Be sure to check out the matching Swirling Leaves Beanie
All of Leah’s Patterns can be found on Ravelry