Buffalo Check Obsession Scarf free crochet pattern
Buffalo check plaid is so popular right now. Now is your chance to make a beautiful accessory and turn heads everywhere you go!
- This post may contain affiliate links
Red Heart With Love in Holly Berry and Black
WW yarn color A: 300(600) yds color B: 150(300) yds
Cowl 29″ x 10 1/2″
Scarf 58″ x 10 1/2″
6 hdc wide x 5 hdc tall = 2 1/2″ square
ch – chain, hdc – half double crochet, sc – single crochet, sl st – slip stitch, st – stitch
- Please read all notes before beginning the pattern.
- It doesn’t really matter which color is A and which color is B, you choose. If you want it to look like the modeled version color A is black and color B is red.
- When working rows 7-12 I found it easiest to carry the yarn. Since this section is supposed to be a mix of both colors, having a little show through doesn’t effect the finished look. You will find in rows 8-12 that it blends very well. See the “carrying yarn” pictures for help.
- The pattern is written in two sizes, a cowl that wraps around the neck once or an infinity scarf that wraps around the neck twice.
- The pattern is written for the cowl first with the infinity scarf in parenthesis: cowl(scarf)
- If you need some visual help, there are photo tutorials for this pattern. I have included these photos in a different post so that the printed version of this pattern takes up fewer pages.