Bon Bon Kisses Slouchy Hat free crochet pattern
The Bon Bon Kisses Slouchy Hat is soft and will keep your head warm. It fits snug and comfortable on your head without it being too tight. The pom pom adds a little style of flair.
#3, sports weight, 100% Australian superfine merino wool by Cleckheaton in colors Raspberry, and Cardboard, 142 yards per ball, 284 yards total used.
• CA – Raspberry; CB – Cardboard
3.5mm hook, 5mm hook, pom pom maker, needle for weaving in ends
Fits head size 21″-22″
- With 3.5mm hook: 10 sc sts = 2”; 12 sc rows = 2”
- With 5mm hook: 9 sc sts = 2”; 10 sc rows = 2”
Ch – chain; st(s) – stitch(es); sk – skip; sp(s) – space(s); sl st – slipstitch; sc – single crochet; hdc – half double crochet; dc – double crochet; BLO – back loop only; FSC – foundation single crochet; Sc2tog – single crochet 2 stitches together; dc2tog – double crochet 2 stitches together
R(s) – round(s)
- FSC – ch2, (does not count as st), insert hook into first ch, yo, pull up loop (2 loops on hook), yo, pull through one loop (2 loops on hook), yo, pull through both loops, one FSC made.
- Sc2tog – insert hook into st, pull up loop (2 loops on hook), insert hook into the next st, pull up loop (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through all 3 loops on hook, sc2tog complete.
- Dc2tog – yo, insert hook into st, pull up loop (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 2 loops on hook (2 loops on hook), yo, insert hook in the next st, pull up loop (4 loops on hook), yo, pull through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through all 3 loops, dc2tog complete.
- Ch3 is considered a double crochet stitch; always join to the top of the ch3.
- Ch1 is not a stitch; work your first stitch into the same stitch after your turn; join to the top of the sc skipping the ch1.
- Work through both loops of first and last stitch of each row in the headband portion of the piece to make a stronger piece. Then work in BLO in the remaining stitches.
- The hat is worked from the bottom up.
- The headband is worked in rows, and then joined to seam. Your band will look askew when crocheting it; it will lean towards one side. Once the body is attached, it will still look slightly askew BUT it won’t affect how you wear the hat.
- When seaming, use the slipstitch method. You will bring the right sides together to join with a sl st seam. After seaming, turn headband right side out and proceed with the body of the hat. DO NOT FASTEN OFF; you will continue using the same yarn to work the body of the hat.
- When making the first round of body of hat, you will work into the side/post stitches of the band of the hat. This will be defined as “post of the st” in pattern instructions.
Click HERE to continue on to this pattern on the
Same DiNamics Crochet blog.
Dianne is the owner of Same DiNamics Crochet. The name Same DiNamics is very special to her. It came about at a time where she needed something in her life. She started blogging by doing book reviews, which she still does. Dianne re-discovered crocheting about 3 years ago, she added ‘Crochet’ to her blog name for easy recognition. She has not let the hook down ever since. Her goal in crocheting is to learn as much as she can and do amazing things. She is following the journey that has been set before her. You can find Diane on Ravelry, her blog or facebook.