Chic and Lacy Thread Necklace Free Crochet Pattern
The Chic and Lacy Necklace works up quickly and can be made for all apparel needs. From elegant, to casual, to feisty, to steam punk, color and beading choices give you great versatility!
#10 Crochet Thread
12-120 yards of #10 thread in one or more colors
Seed beads (optional)
(2) 12 mm buttons
Sizes 12-17 inch neck
24 Dc=4 inches
Ch- chain, St- stitch, Sl st- slip stitch, Sc- single crochet, Dc- double crochet, Dtr- double treble crochet, WS- wrong side, RS- right side
Double Treble Crochet- Yarn over 3 times. Place hook into the designated st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over, pull through 2 loops 4 times.
Picot- Ch 3. Sl st in the 3rd ch from the hook
- If using beads, you must string them onto the thread before starting your project or new color.
- To get a bead in the middle of the picot, add it after the second ch of the ch 3.
- Beads can be added anywhere you desire.
- Shell count and bead amount needed are included in the sizes listed
- Base ch number is adjusted depending on neck size and desired tightness/fit of the necklace.
- Necklace version is only slightly longer than the choker version. If wanting a longer necklace, find the length you desire from the other neck sizes.
- Remember that this is a crochet necklace, not a metal one, so it will lay much differently than one you are used to. Expect this necklace to be nowhere as stiff as metal and allow for some adjusting to it to get it how you want it to look on you.
- If you need a certain length different from those listed, the base for this pattern is in multiples of 10+3.