This adorable little bow is the perfect little embellishment. You can add it to a barrette, as I did here, for a hair accessory, or to any finished item.
- This post contains affiliate links
Click HERE to add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites
Click HERE to Pin It for later
Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread #3 in Copper Mist
Purchase your yarn for this project HERE
2.75mm steel hook
large eyed needle
not important for this project
ch(s) – chain(s), sc – single crochet
Row 1: Ch12
Row 2-6: Turn. 1sc in first st and every st across <11>
Row 7: Turn. *3sc in corner. 1sc in every st until you reach next corner. Repeat from * around. Fasten off leaving a 12-18″ tail. Weave in short/beginning tail.
see images below
- Using needle weave long tail halfway through top row of rectangle (into the 6th chain space from either direction), stitch down center, weaving in and out from top to bottom and pull snug (to not pull tight enough to change shape of rectangle), then stitch back to top weaving in and out and pull tight. This will create a concave shape in bottom of rectangle.
- Tightly wrap tail around center of bow 2-3 times
- Secure in back with a slip knot and wrap tail around bow 2-3 more times
- Secure with two slip knots and pull tight
- Fasten off or stitch on to your finished item or see optional barrette finish below
attach to barrette (see images below)
- With needle weave tail to the center of the back of the bow
- Place bow on front of barrette and hold in place where you want to attach
- Begin by weaving needle through the barrette and secure on other side with a stitch, continue in this manner securing with a stitch on either side of the barrette for 2-3 turns.
- Stitch 2-3 times on outside of the back on the barrette and secure with slip knot
- Weave in tail end and cut
Patterns Only $2.50 on Craftsy HERE