Tranquility and Ava Earwarmer/Headband Pattern
Designed by Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts – Exclusively for Cre8tion Crochet
The Tranquility & Ava Earwarmer Pattern is the first pattern in a new collection from Lisa Jelle of Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts. The collection was inspired by a young, 21 year old single mother battling terminal cancer, named Tranquility, and her 6 month old daughter Ava.
Crochet for a Cause: Although this first pattern in the series is being offered for free, Lisa will be donating .50 from each ‘for sale’ patterns in the collection, when they release, to the American Cancer Society in Tranquility & Ava’s names.
Lisa Jelle is one of Cre8tion Crochet’s Pattern Contributors, you can read more about Lisa HERE.
- 6.0mm J hook
- #3/Light weight yarn (**All light weight worsted yarns are NOT created equal. If your gauge doesn’t match, try using a lighter weight yarn before trying a smaller hook size
- Ribbon, I used 5/8” width
- Sewing thread (optional) and needle: in color to match ribbon, to tack/stitch ribbon down so it doesn’t fall off.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Stitch markers (optional)
10 sts (sc counts as one st, ch1 counts as one st) x 11 rows= 2”x2” test swatch
Pattern is written for 0-3m size, with changes for larger sizes in [ ]’s
Approximate measurements by size
0-3m: 11” circumference
3-6m: 13” circumference
6-12m: 15” circumference
1t-3t: 16” circumference
4t-6y: 17” circumference
7y-PreTeen: 18” circumference
Teen-Adult: 20” circumference
Abbreviations and stitches required
sc- single crochet
sl st- slip stitch
FREE Printable PDF for Tranquility and Ava Earwarmer/Headband can be found HERE
For other Lisa Jelle designs available on Cre8tion Crochet click HERE