This pattern contains affiliate links
Two Patterns in One
Owl Graph or the Princess Owl Graph
These owl graph patterns are super adorable and great for a first time graphing project. Customize for that special boy or girl in your life. You can apply this graph to anything. The samples provided are for a pillow or a hat, but just think about what a great blanket this would make!
• Size H/8 – 5.0MM Hook or Tunisian hook
• Worsted weight yarn
• Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
8 scs x 8 rows=2”x2” test swatch
Sack hat (as pattern is written) measures approx 17”-19” around. Stitch and row counts for larger size (19”-21”) in [ ]
Tunisian crochet technique tutorial HERE
Ch 30  (29  for Tunisian)
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across (29sts) 
Rows 2-18 : ch1, turn, sc across (note: you don’t ch1 or turn in Tunisian crochet)
Row 19 : ch1, begin graph (Start graph at bottom right hand corner, reading odd numbered rows from right to left, and even numbered rows from left to right)
Row 49 : ch1, turn, work LAST row of graph
Rows 50-67 [55-75]: ch1, turn, sc across
• Fasten off. Bring Row 1 to Row 67  (with wrong side out) and either sl st ends together OR cut yarn and whip stitch ends together (forming a tube), fasten off, choose hat style from below for the rest of instructions.
• SACK HAT: Flatten hat with back seam centered in back, reattach yarn at one corner and sc top opening closed, fasten off and weave in ends.
• SLOUCH BEANIE: (thanks to Kim from Not So Knotty for these slouch directions) After fastening off (with wrong side facing out), hdc dec in ends of rows all the way around (do not join), continue to hdc dec around till approx 8 sts remain, fasten off leaving a long tail, weave tail in and out of remaining stitches, pull tail to gather top, fasten off and weave in ends. Turn hat right side out.
• Produce JUST the graph (29 rows x 31 rows) and add to a pillow, messenger bag, blanket, wall hanging….the possibilities are endless! Have fun!
Click below —>for FREE graphs and printable PDF of pattern
Owl or Princess Owl Graph Hat
Need help learning Tunisian Crochet???
Looking for another great pillow project?
Save 30% on the Everyday Lace Pillow Kit on Craftsy
Be sure to check out all the other FREE crochet projects available on Cre8tion Crochet,
including other patterns by Lisa Jelle