The inspiration for this pattern was the little candy corn pumpkins which is where the name came from; however, these look great in any color or colors you choose.
Each set requires only a small amount of yarn so they are the perfect stash buster pattern.
Click HERE to add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites
Click HERE to Pin It for later
This pattern was designed by Leah Feild of Creative Threads by Leah, exclusively for Cre8tion Crochet.
Photo credits go to Sweet Potato Crochet Creations and Leanne’s Loopy Creations.
small amounts of worsted weight yarn
I recommend Red Heart With Love
5.0mm (H) and 5.5mm (I) hooks
Approximate measurements for calf circumference:
- Small Child: 6-7 inches
- Child: 8-9 inches
- Large Child: 10-11 inches
- Adult Small: 12-13 inches
- Adult Medium: 14-15 inches
- Adult Large: 16-17 inches
with 5.0mm (H) hook
4fhdc = 1″
fhdc – foundation half double crochet, sc – single crochet, hdc – half double crochet, ch(s) – chain(s),sk – skip or skipped, st(s) – stitch(es), sp – space, yo – yarn over, sl st – slip stitch
Puff – yo, insert hook into indicated st and draw up a loop (3 loops on hook), [yo, insert hook in same st and draw up a loop] 3 times (9 loops on hook), yo and draw through first 8 loops on hook, yo and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook
- Recommended retail price: Children’s sizes, $10-15; Adult sizes, $15-20. If cuffs are made with more puff rows than written, I would recommend increasing the price.
- Starting chains do not count as the first st.
- All joins are with a sl st to the first st unless otherwise indicated.
- After the first row of puff sts, the rest of the puff st rows will be worked into the ch sps from the previous puff st row and over the ch sp in the hdc row.
- Pattern is written for Small Child with changes in parentheses.
- If you need to adjust circumference of the boot cuff (these are written with 1-2 inches negative ease for fit), add or subtract 4 fhdc in the beginning round for each inch that needs adjusting, 2 fhdc for half inches.
With 5.0mm (H) hook
Round 1: With color A, 20 (28, 36, 44, 52, 60) fhdc . Being careful not to twist, join to first fhdc.
Round 2-4: Ch 1, hdc in same st and each around. (20, 28, 36, 44, 52, 60 hdc) Change colors at the end of round 4.
Round 5: With I hook, ch 1, puff st in same st, ch 1, *sk next st, puff st in next, ch 1* around. Join. Change colors.
Round 6: Ch 1, hdc in first puff, ch 1, *hdc in next puff, ch 1* around. Join. Change colors.
Correct placement of hdc
Round 7: Ch 1, sl st into first ch sp from previous puff row, ch 1, puff st in same sp, ch 1. *Puff in next ch sp, ch 1* around. Join. Change colors.
Round 8-9: Repeat round 6 & 7. For a taller cuff, repeat these rows as desired.
Round 10: Sc around. Finish off.
By using this pattern you agree to terms set forth by Creative Threads by Leah. Rewriting, reselling, distributing, or copying this pattern is prohibited. If you wish to sell finished items produced from this pattern, feel free to do so. However, I ask that you please credit me as the pattern designer and link back to me. FACEBOOK or RAVELRY