Floating Petals Fingerless Gloves
The stitch pattern in these fingerless gloves free pattern resembles floating petals. You can use any combination of colors to make this project unique to you. They hug your wrist and hands snugly and have a lovely picot stitch that make them look regal.
- This post may contain affiliate links
Red Heart With Love, #4, worsted weight in two different colors, 65 – S (80 – M) yards total.
Needle for weaving in ends
Small: 6.5” to 7.5”/ 16.5 to 19cm
Medium; Large: 7.5” to 8.5”/ 19 to 21.5cm; 8.5” to 9.5”/21.5 to 24cm
5sc stitches = 1”
4sc rows = 1”
2 petal pattern rows = 1 ½”
4 petal pattern stitches = 1 ½”
Petal pattern for gauge:
Row 1: 1sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each stitch across, turn <22sc>
Row 2: ch2, 1dc in same st, [ch2, sk2 sts, 1sc in next st, ch2, sk2 sts, 1 3dcCL in next st] 3x, ch2, sk2 sts, 1dc in last st. <2dc, 3sc, 3 3dcCL, 7 ch2 spaces>
Rows 3 – 5: Repeat Row 2
ch(s) – chain(s); st(s) – stitch(es); sk – skip; sl st – slip stitch; yo – yarn over; sc – single crochet; dc – double crochet; BLO – back loop only; FSC – foundation single crochet; 3dcCL – 3dc Cluster; Rd(s) – round(s)
SPECIAL STITCHES USED:
FSC – ch2, (does not count as st), insert hook into first ch, yo, pull up loop (2 loops on hook), yo, pull through one loop (2 loops on hook), yo, pull through both loops, one FSC made.
3dc Cluster – yo, insert hook into stitch, pull up loop, yo, pull through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yo, insert hook into same stitch, pull up loop, yo, pull through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo, insert hook into same stitch, pull up loop, yo, pull through 2 loops (4 loops on hook), yo, pull through all 4 loops on hook – 3dc cluster complete.
Picot – sc, ch3, sl st in 3rd ch, sc all in same st – see photo tutorial
- Ch1 and ch2 do not count as stitches.
- Medium size count will be indicated in parenthesis in pattern directions.
- <> Indicates stitch count used in round.
- Always join with sl st to the first stitch in round, skipping over ch1 or ch2.
- Always make your first stitch of the round into the same stitch as chain.
- On BLO rows, always do your first sc through both loops, then proceed doing the rest of the stitches in BLO.
- Color changes will be indicated as CA (color A) and CB (color B). You can choose any two colors you’d like. Make your color changes at your join.
- You can also make this in one solid color.
Click HERE to continue on to
the full pattern at the
Same DiNamics Crochet blog
Dianne is the owner of Same DiNamics Crochet. The name Same DiNamics is very special to her. It came about at a time where she needed something in her life. She started blogging by doing book reviews, which she still does. Dianne re-discovered crocheting about 3 years ago, she added ‘Crochet’ to her blog name for easy recognition. She has not let the hook down ever since. Her goal in crocheting is to learn as much as she can and do amazing things. She is following the journey that has been set before her.
You can find Diane on Ravelry, her blog or facebook.
Check out all other contributor patterns by Same DiNamics Crochet