Persephone Slouch Hat
A tantalizingly textured slouch hat that’s reversible for twice the versatility!
- #4 worsted: less than one skein (256 yds)
- Crochet hooks: F/5 (3.75 mm) for CHILD size; H/8 (5mm) for TEEN/ADULT size
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry/yarn needle
- Tape measure
Child: fits 16” – 18” head circumference
Teen/Adult: fits 19” – 21” head circumference
Child size (with F hook): 10scs x 10 rows = 2”x2” square swatch
Teen/Adult size (with H hook): 7scs x 8 rows = 2”x2” square swatch
mc – magic circle; ch(s) – chain(s); sc – single crochet; sc inc – single crochet increase; hdc – half double crochet; hdc inc – half double crochet increase; dc inc – double crochet increase; dc – double crochet; dc2tog – double crochet two stitches together; fpdc – front post double crochet; fptrc – front post treble/triple crochet; st(s) – stitch(es); sl st – slip stitch
- fpdc and fptrc tutorial: http://www.mooglyblog.com/post-stitches-raisedrelief/
- magic circle tutorial: http://cre8tioncrochet.com/2013/03/magic-circle-or-ring-crochet/
- Turning chains count as a stitch ONLY where noted.
- Using this technique for the invisible join provides a clean and mostly seamless ‘seam’: http://cre8tioncrochet.com/2012/12/seamless-crochet-rounds/
Photo Credit: Susanne Talluri – The Silk Drop
Click HERE to continue on to this pattern on the Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts blog.
Lisa Jelle is the owner of Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts. She has been crocheting (since restarting as an adult) for 6 years. Her favorite things to design are ‘outside of the box’ things you don’t expect to see in crochet. You can find her on Facebook and Ravelry.