I’m a sucker for a big, comfy, cozy, cowl neck design.
How about you?
There’s just something so comforting about snuggling in a crochet sweater with a cowl neck. When I started designing the Cafe Au Lait Cozy Cowl Neck Crochet Sweater it wasn’t going to have a cowl neck at all, but it just kept telling me that’s what it wanted to be, so I obliged.
This design also told me something else that it wanted to be. It wanted to have ruched sides. I’ve never done something like that in crochet before so I was excited to try it out. I’m so glad I added this feature to my design.
pss… I’m going to share a little more about this on Instagram
This cowl neck crochet sweater is only available as part of the Crochet Foundry Digital Magazine. Crochet Foundry is a curated collection of size-inclusive garments; each design is available in misses and plus size, from XS-5X.
The Crochet Foundry team has strived to bring you 7 never seen before crochet garments. We release a new issue each season. Grab this sweater as part of the Fall 2020 Collection.
Cafe Au Lait Cozy Cowl Neck Sweater
Lazily sip your favorite warm beverage this Fall with this warm and stylish Cafe Au Lait Cozy Cowl Neck Sweater. Its fashionable split cowl neck with toggle buttons provides a trendy look that’s perfect for the chilly weather. The Cafe Au Lait Cozy Cowl Neck Sweater embraces a chic and modern look with the ability to cinch up its sides while using simple shaping to flatter your unique body type. This design will work up easily with its top-down construction made using the simple yet elegant HDC stitch.
XS (S, M, L, 1x)(2x, 3x, 4x, 5x)
Bust 34 (38, 42, 46, 50) (54, 58, 62, 66)”
Waist 28 (31, 34, 38, 42) (46, 49, 51, 54)”
Hips 36 (38, 42, 46, 50)( 55, 57, 59, 64)”
Underarm depth 7 (7.5, 8, 8.5, 9)(9.5, 10, 10.5, 11)”
Sleeve length 16.5 (17, 17, 17.5, 17.5) (18, 18, 18.5, 18.5)”
Total length All sizes 26” in front and 27” in back;
Upper Arm 11.25 (12, 12.75, 13.5, 14.5)(16.75, 18.25, 20, 20.75)”
Brava Bulky Weight in Dove Heather 100% Premium Acrylic- 136 yards/100 grams per skein
7 (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17) skeins
918 (1020, 1133, 1258, 1409, 1579, 1768, 1981, 2219) yards
see below for more yarn options
L/7mm Furls Streamline Hook (or hook to obtain gauge)
Stitch markers (8)
11sts and 8 rows = 4” In hdc- beginning with fhdc for continuity Difficulty Skilled Beginner
- – Pattern is written starting in size Extra Small with the additional sizes shown in parenthesis- XS (S, M, L, 1x)(2x, 3x, 4x, 5x). If only one number is shown it pertains to all sizes. X indicates no stitches worked.
- – Pattern has 2” of positive ease. – Beginning ch-2 of each round/rnd is not considered a st. – Be sure to work your first rnd with minimal tension to ensure the garment fits comfortably over the head.
- This sweater is constructed in a top down/raglan style. The sleeves and cowl neck are worked directly onto the sweater. – Increases are not performed the same for each size and there are additional increases along the front to prevent gaping in the back. Pay special attention to the yoke section of the pattern.
- – Stitches in the body are worked in the blo, stitches worked in the raglan corners are worked in both loops. – St counts take place at the end of each rnd where a change takes place.
- – The side ruching is optional and added after construction of the sweater. Gauge 11sts and 8 rows = 4” In hdc- beginning with fhdc for continuity Difficulty Skilled Beginner
Yarn Options- Splurge, Spend Save
$$$ Splurge Swish Bulky is a heavyweight yarn so soft and lofty that “bulky” seems like a misnomer. Large enough to give the squishy extra fine merino room to fully breathe and bloom.
$$ Spend Mighty Stitch Bulky is a Superwash Superhero! A crafting powerhouse combining 20% Superwash Wool and 80% Acrylic, this yarn is perfect for hats, scarves, and blankets, too!
$ Save Brava Bulky is a 100% acrylic yarn that will keep up with all of life’s adventures! Gentle enough for sensitive skin, Brava is a hard-wearing yarn that works wonders for projects and is a must.