Color Block Pillow Cover
This Color Block Pillow Cover is perfect for whipping up a pillow cover to go with your décor. With using the color block technique you can combine two colors to create a great design yet keeping it simple.
- Red Heart Super Saver, #4, worsted weight, 364 yds/skein
- Lavender (CA)
- Pale Plum (CB)
- 16″ Pillow form
- I/5.5mm hook
- 12” zipper
- Needle and thread for sewing zipper to pillow
- Stitch markers
- Needle for weaving in ends
Easy to Intermediate – The crocheting is simple but you should know how to sew a zipper onto a crocheted piece
16 ½” x 17”
12 dc sts = 4”; 8 dc rows = 4”
Ch – chain; st(s) – stitch(es); ea – each; RS – right side; sc – single crochet; dc – double crochet; sl st – slip stitch; Fdc – foundation double crochet; CA – color A; CB – color B
Foundation double crochet (Fdc) – ch2, yo, insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull yarn through, (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 1 loop (you will have 3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 2 loops (2 remaining loops on hook), yo, and pull through the remaining 2 loops on hook. You have created your first Fdc. Tutorial here from Cre8tion Crochet.
- Ch1 and ch2 do not count as stitches.
- When switching from CA to CB, or CB to CA, change colors before completing the last stitch in a row.
- Your Fdc row is your right side. Use a stitch marker to help you recognize the RS.
- Instructions on border and attaching sides included in pattern instructions.