This Loves and Cuddles Baby blanket is as its name suggests, it’s cuddly and will be loved. This blanket is big enough to cuddle your baby yet light weight enough to provide warmth without overheating. You can crochet this blanket in any colors that you’d like making it unique to you.
Red Heart, Anne Geddes Baby, #3, Sports Weight
Colors: Color A – Lilly, 680 yds; Color B – Teddy, 850 yards
Size I/5.5mm hook and H/5mm hook, needle for weaving in ends.
Blanket measures 32″x 41″
You may make the blanket bigger by adding more rows.
Gauge not important for this blanket.
ch – chain; yo – yarn over; sk – skip; st(s) – stitches; sp – space; sc – single crochet; dc – double crochet; hdc – half double crochet; dc3tog – double crochet 3 together; fpdc – front post double crochet; bpdc – back post double crochet; fhdc – foundation half double crochet
FHDC – foundation half double crochet
ch 3, yo, insert hook into 1st chain, pull up loop (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 1st loop (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through all 3 loops. One FHDC complete.
- Ch1 does not count as a stitch. Ch2 does not count as a stitch. Ch4 is considered as a dc + ch1.
- Instructions in  are to be repeated the amount of times indicated after brackets. eg: [3dc in next st, sk1 st, 1dc in next 3sts, sk1 st] 23x – is to be repeated 23 times.
- Sk1 st = Skip one stitch
- Always make last dc in ch3 of turning chain of previous row; it will be written as “1dc in last st”.
- For this pattern, I alternated colors every 2 rows. You may alternate colors however you desire; just change your colors at the end of whichever row you want to add a new color. I will refer to color changes as “CA” for Color A and “CB” for Color B.
- You will use an H/5mm hook for the border.
Click HERE to continue to the full pattern on the Same DiNamics blog
Dianne is the owner of Same DiNamics Crochet. The name Same DiNamics is very special to her. It came about at a time where she needed something in her life. She started blogging by doing book reviews, which she still does. Dianne re-discovered crocheting about 3 years ago, she added ‘Crochet’ to her blog name for easy recognition. She has not let the hook down ever since. Her goal in crocheting is to learn as much as she can and do amazing things. She is following the journey that has been set before her. You can find Diane on Ravelry, her blog or facebook.
Check out all other contributor patterns by Same DiNamics Crochet