Crochet Layered Ribbon Flower
This crochet layered ribbon flower was used as an embellishment on my Cupids Cloche Valentine’s Day Hat Pattern. It can be used to adorn any finished piece or can be made into a cute pin.
1/4 inch Ribbon in your choice of color
Red Heart yarn in your choice of color
- With yarn Mc/r with 10sc, join with sl st
- Into first space crochet *1sl st, ch 1, 3hdc, ch 1, 1sl st, sl st into next space and repeat from * around for 5 petals, join with sl st and pick up ¼” wide ribbon, leave yarn free and do not cut yarn, tie yarn and ribbon together to secure
- In first space crochet * 1sl st, 4hdc, 1sl st, sl st into next space and repeat from * around for 5 petals, join with sl stitch and pick up yarn, leave ribbon free
- In first space crochet * 1sl st, ch1 5 dc, ch 1, 1sl st, sl st into next space and repeat from * around for 5 petals, join with sl st and pick up ribbon, leave yarn free, using ribbon sl st around each petal. Fasten off and secure. Tie all ends together at pack of piece to secure all ends.
- Make a small bow with a piece of ribbon. Cut ends to length desired. Using another short (6” or so) piece of ribbon tie a double knot around center and secure with ends to center of flower.
- Use a piece of matching yarn to secure flower to finished piece
To Make Flower or Heart into a Pin
Cut two circles of the same size out of felt (I used the thread spool to trace around)
Sew pin to one piece of felt
Whip stitch other piece of felt onto back of finished flower/ heart
Whip stitch the piece of felt with the pin attached to the piece of felt that is sewn onto the flower/ heart
If you like what you see please share and as always
Happy ‘Valentine’s Day’ Hookin’!!!
You may also enjoy these Valentine’s Day patterns
CLICK on picture for pattern