This post contains affiliate links
Sock Monkey Cuteness Abounds
These adorable sock monkey baby booties are quick and easy to create. They would make an adorable gift for a new baby… I need to find the time to make baby Orazio a pair before he gets here, (btw I’ll be having a baby on Wednesday 06/18/14, and in case you didn’t guess, we are naming him Orazio).
Is there a special new baby in your life, or coming soon? Then be sure to check out this great pattern.
Purchase General Supplies
• Hook: G hook (for 0-6m sizes) or H hook (for 6-12m size), and E hook (for ears, ties, mouth and eyes if not using buttons)
• Yarn: Worsted in MAIN (Vanna’s in Taupe Mist), RED and WHITE colors. BLACK for eyes if NOT using buttons for eyes.
(G hook): 8sc x 10 rnds= 2”x2”. Adjust hook size to achieve this gauge.
Pattern is written for 0-3m size, with larger sizes’ info in [ ]’s
Approximate measurements by size
0-3m: (G hook) finished LENGTH approx 3 ½” from toe to heel
3-6m: (G hook) finished LENGTH approx 3 ¾” from toe to heel
6-12m: (H hook) finished LENGTH approx 4-4 ¼” from toe to heel
Abbreviations and stitches required
– ch- chain
– sc- single crochet
– sc inc- single crochet increase
– sc dec- single crochet decrease
– hdc- half double crochet
– hdc in- half double crochet increase
– dc- double crochet
– dc inc- double crochet increase
– MC- magic circle
– sl st- slip stitch
– st(s)- stitch(es)
FREE printable PDF HERE –> Sock Monkey Baby Booties
Check out these other great designs by Lisa and Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
You can also find more of Lisa’s patterns on Ravelry
Crochet in a Day for Baby